University of Penn Bank of America Card
You may apply by completing the Penn Travel Card Application. Your School of Center will approve your application as part of the submittal process. The approver should be a School/Center representative with fiscal responsibility for your department.
BOA Card – Penn Travel Card FAQs (for travel and entertainment only)
For any additional travel information, go to http://www.purchasing.upenn.edu/travelSite/
Hiring From Your Research Funding
Due to COVID-19, there is a University wide hiring freeze. Work study students are the only class of employees that are allowed to be hired outside of the hiring freeze. Student workers, RAs, TAs, temps, and independent contractors must comply with the hiring freeze procedures in order to gain approval. Your employee may not start working without advanced approval from the Wharton School and University.
Please complete the attached spreadsheet if you are pursuing an exception to hiring freeze and forward to Management Payroll (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All questions regarding hiring may be directed to Management Payroll (Linda Pierson or Jack Collins).
Request for Payment (Individuals)
The University wants to stop the reimbursements to individuals. However if there is a need to be reimbursed. The University requires that there be an original receipts, business purpose of the purchase, and the receipt be giving within 10 days of purchase. To avoid having to be reimbursed all orders or request be sent to Maryann Pagan-Abraham. Here are a few things needed to be reimbursed:
- A check is produced for vendors within thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice, provided the invoice is not “on hold” in BEN Financials.
- A W-9 is required for all individuals in order to be added to the vendor database. In addition, a W-9 is required for all individuals at the beginning of each calendar year in order to remain active in the vendor database.
- A C-12 is required for all individuals with the status of Independent Contractor
C-FORM Processing Guidelines
To reduce exceptions which result in added administrative time and extend payment time to suppliers or individuals, it is expected that all C-Forms submitted to AP will be completed in accordance with policy and procedures. This means the C-Form will be completed accurately and completely, include all required supporting documentation and include the appropriate approval. Once received in AP C-Forms will be processed between 5 and 7 days. In addition, the following information on the C-Form must be typed:
- Company or individual’s name
- Vendor Number (If the vendor is new and needs to be added, type NEW in the vendor number field)
- Federal tax ID or Social Security Number (last four digits for faculty, staff or students)
- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- Amount to be paid
- 26-digit account number
- Explanation of payment
For all these and any other forms, please go to the Forms Library website.
Course Scheduling & Teaching Policies/Guidelines
The School has mandated that Wharton departments develop a policy to govern the protocol for faculty members’ usage of accrued teaching credit overloads. Following is the Management Department’s policy as approved by the Dean’s office:
- Effective FY 2008 (Fall 2007 – Spring 2008) no faculty member will be financially compensated for a teaching overload. Requests for exceptions due to highly unusual circumstances may be submitted to the Dean’s office with the approval of the Department Chair.
- The use of overloads to reduce your teaching schedule must be pre-approved by your area coordinator, academic coordinator, and department Chair by December 1st of the preceding year (e.g. the use of a course overload to reduce teaching load in Fall 2008 or Spring 2009 must be approved by December 1, 2007).
Please see Robin Woods for course operations: course scheduling, syllabi, change of grade, and room scheduling.
Other Important Policies/Guidelines
The Wharton School,
University of Pennsylvania
2000 Steinberg-Deitrich Hall
3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6370
Phone: (215) 898-7722
Fax: (215) 898-0401