Wharton Management Department
To be successful in a changing global economy, managers must view the total enterprise and understand the forces shaping the firm’s direction, policies, and goals and at the same time exercise personal leadership in managing employees.
Wharton’s Management Department applies basic social science disciplines and research methods to these management and leadership problems in the public and private sectors.
The Management Department encompasses four major areas of specialization:
- Strategic Management emphasizes forecasting, planning and control, allocating resources, the appraisal of competition, and implementation strategies.
- Multinational Management focuses on operating in worldwide and heterogeneous national environments under conditions of economic and political risk.
- Human Resource and Organizational Management explores individual and group behavior and how these dynamics influence an organization’s performance and structure.
- Entrepreneurial Management provides individuals with skills, analytical tools, and concepts to prepare them for a career as an autonomous entrepreneur, a family-business owner, or an innovator in new corporate ventures.
- Mack Institute for Innovation Management
- Penn Transportation and Parking (University transit, commuter/parking programs)
- Wharton Digital Press
- Wharton Inside (includes links for all Wharton departments, centers, programs, etc.)
- Wharton Instruction Center (room request; class list; online grading; upload syllabi, etc)