This major allows a student to flexibly choose among the full set of the department’s offerings. As a consequence, students can mold a curriculum that spans issues of managing the internal processes of firms and considerations of strategic advantage — for both young and growing, as well as established organizations. Students will have the opportunity to develop a background that will make them well suited to general management and leadership positions in firms and to serve these firms in advisory roles with leading consulting firms. This major cannot be taken in conjunction with one of the other majors offered by the department.
Requirements for the Major
The major consists of five credit units. Only one credit unit of pass/fail coursework can be counted toward the major.
- Exactly one credit unit (1.00 cu) must come from the Management Core: MGMT 611, MGMT 612 or MGMT 613 (WEMBA only).
- The remaining four credit units must be fulfilled by taking any of the department’s electives. (The department generally does not accept excess credit units of core courses as electives).
- With the approval of the department advisor(s), students may, depending on the major, substitute up to 1.00 cu of FAP, ISP, GIP, or GMC for electives.
For additional information or to apply visit the MBA website.
- MBA Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- MBA Management
- MBA Multinational Management
- MBA Organizational Effectiveness
- MBA Strategic Management