Office space assignments are bound by Department policy and typically made in July. Roxanne Gilmer and Robin Woods assign office space to faculty and PhD students. Linda Pierson typically reports assignments to Wharton Facilities three times a year. She also addresses damages related to facilities.
Faculty must retain their current office (unless they present the Chair with substantial or convincing reasons to move). See Roxanne Gilmer.
- Tenured faculty have first priority to offices with outside windows as they become available.
- Grandfather Clause: Untenured faculty who had offices with outside windows at the time of the renovations will remain in these offices.
- Two offices will continually be reserved in anticipation of new senior faculty appointments (and/or distinguished visitors).
- Every effort will be made to assign newly hired faculty to offices on the second floor of the management suite.
- Faculty will not be allocated offices based on their group affiliation.
- Every effort will be made to reserve offices for visitors (this includes the two offices with outside windows mentioned above). These offices will be determined periodically, will be revolving and be non-exclusive.
- Emeritus faculty will have access to a shared office space in 3031 SH-DH
- The Undergraduate Advisor’s office will be located in 2013 SH-DH
- The Chair’s office is 3207 SH-DH and the administrative offices are 3210 and 3212
- Department administrative and IT staff are located on the second floor.
- Administrative Staff: At the front desk, and in cubicles 2043, 2045, 2047 and offices 2101, 2102, 2104 and 2108
- IT staff: 2007, 2009 and 2011 near the Help-Desk.
PhD Office Assignments
A total of 29 cubicles will be available for PhD students on the second and third floors of SH-DH. Every effort will be made to assign each student in years 1-5 an individual cubicle; 6th year students remaining in the program will share a common space (currently 3033 SH-DH).
Filing cabinets are not permitted in primary access hallways nor areas designated for public use (e.g., reception areas, lounges, conference rooms). In some cases cabinets may be permitted if they are directly adjacent to a faculty member’s office. Egress cannot be less than 60 inches wide to insure fire and safety codes are observed. A professional environment must be maintained. See Linda Pierson with questions.
The Wharton School,
University of Pennsylvania
2000 Steinberg-Deitrich Hall
3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6370
Phone: (215) 898-7722
Fax: (215) 898-0401